Yes, we know we are WAY behind! Hey, we’re working on it! Here’s a podcast reviewing June Late Late Shows, and we hope to have a new one reviewing the July shows soon.
Episode 047 of the Who’s That at the Door?!? podcast has been uploaded. Hopefully you have subscribed via iTunes or the RSS feed (links in the sidebar on the right), but if not, you can listen to the podcast using the flash audio player below, or download the show by clicking on the link below:
Our Opening: Movie reviews: Dredd, The Lone Ranger
LLS Openings: Sir Peter Ustanov Award (Sean Connery at the door), pixilated drawings. Lawyer interviews included John Hodgeman (Ivan the Not-So-Bad at the door), and a father and daughter in lesbian row.
Monologues: Hillary Clinton tweeting (Arnold Schwarzenegger at the door), North Korea (Bela Lugosi at the door), E3 Expo (Scooter at the door), Kenya West, Eric Snowden, Mel Gibson (Arnold Schwarzenegger at the door), Joan Rivers, auto masterbating (Creepy Scottish Guy at the door), Ikea wedding, restaurant dress code (Old Man Sam at the door), Wimbledon, Man of Steel (Sean Connery at the door), Big Brother, Hitler mustache (Creepy Scottish Guy at the door).Tweets and Emails: Eight improvised jingles, and five nights with no jingles at all. Prerecorded jingles included Kraftwerk, Japanese Sci-Fi, and Surfing. Senior Opera.
I Call Bullcrap! This is a game in which Steve comes up with three statements about some of the guests that appeared on recent episodes of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson; two of them are true, one of them is false. Which one do you call Bullcrap!? The answer will be revealed on this week’s podcast, and in the show notes for next week’s podcast. There is a theme this week: HOME TOWNS; which of the following statements is bullcrap?
- Seth Rogen has hosted Saturday Night Live.
- Lewis Black has hosted Saturday Night Live.
- Channing Tatum has hosted Saturday Night Live.
You can hear the answer on the Episode 047 podcast, or read it in the show notes for Episode 48.
Here are the answers to Episode 46′s “I Call Bullcrap!”:
- Jeff Garlin played the banjo in his early stand-up acts and wore nose glasses and an arrow through his head. BULLCRAP! It was Steve Martin that played the banjo and wore nose glasses and arrow-through-the-head.
- Howie Mandel was known in his early stand-up act for putting a latex glove over his head, blowing it up with his nose, letting it fly off, and saying, “What? What?”. TRUE! Back when he had hair.
- Stephen Fry partnered with Hugh Laurie (House), in a comedy team known as Fry and Laurie. TRUE!
Can you name the not-so-new game show theme used in Episode 47? If so, shoot us an email or send us a tweety! If you are correct, we’ll give you a shout-out, like we did Michelle Kilfoyle recently! We will continue to play this theme until someone guesses it!
- blastoff rocket cat
- chimney sweep cat
- we are high laser-eye cat
- guitar cat
- hairdo cat
- breakdancing cat
- 16-ton weight falling on the cat
- donut falling on the cat
- hawk snatching the cat and it parachuting down
Week of June 10 – 2 by Craig, 1 by guests
Week of June 17 – 4 by Craig, 1 by guests
Week of June 24 – 1 by Craig
Total for 3 week period: 9
Follow us on twitter – click here